Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tochōmae, A Night View of Tokyo

Tochōmae, as far as I know, translates to "city hall." There is a Tochōmae train station and a huge Tochōmae "city hall" building with a free high-rise view of Tokyo. I went there at night to take some photos, and I'm posting some below for you. You don't realize how absolutely HUGE Tokyo is until you see it from up high. Lights stretch on for as far as you can see in any direction that you look.
In the photo on the left, above, you'll see a tall building with a very reflective surface. At night, when you look at it, it looks like cars are driving up and down it because it reflects the road below. Very cool!

There was a big building with some brightly lit windows just across the street, so I also decided to break out my new zoom lens and let the inner voyeur out. Among other things, I saw two men being served dinner by a woman in a bunny outfit! She was probably some sort of hostess.
Left: The building I was photographing. Right: Zooming in, you see the bunny-clad woman in the top right window. I didn't realize what I had photographed until I got home and looked at the pictures!


I know what you're having for dinner!


And finally, this is potentially the coolest photo I've ever taken, ever. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment